Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Getting Honest!

Well!  It is time to get honest not only here with my readers but also with myself!

It's not easy to try and keep up my new healthy lifestyle change and keep up with a family of 6 kids and a husband.  It's been a whole month since my last work out.  Very bad!!!!  Also a lot of bad excuses as to why.

For the past month my family has been battling stomach virus', colds, sore throats and so on.  It's been a crazy 4 weeks of illnesses and me trying to sanitize and keep up with my regular cleaning and schedules.  After the kids are all tucked in bed I would be folding laundry and washing sheets and blankets to keep the house germ free to try and get everyone healthy.  So not an easy task with the amount of kids in my home and three of them attend public school.  You can imagine the germs they are carrying on them when they walk in the door.

Not only has husband been sick but so have I.  As soon as I am better another child is sick.  Once the kids are sick then I am yet again sick.  It's a vicious cycle that I have not figured out how to stop.  My new rule for the kids as they arrive home from school is they need to take shoes off in the garage before they enter the house and change their school uniforms into play clothes and wash hands.  Sure this causes a little more laundry but I would rather have a little more laundry then a house full of sick kids.

Now back to my fitness.  I am finally feeling better.  Still got a nasty cough but a cough should not stop me from my fitness goals.  Starting Friday I will be back in my fitness routine and back on track to reach my goals.  I pick Friday because I am trying to be honest with myself.  I know I will not have the energy to handle it tonight or tomorrow.  I have religious classes I am volunteering for tonight to help out with and tomorrow is football and well I just don't want to.  LOL!

So Friday!  Back on track to reach my goal!!!  I am gonna sit tonight on the computer and type out a workout routine and schedule so it is written out with my other schedule.  This will be part of my new weekly routines.  No more excuses.  And if I miss a day or two because of sick little children I will not beat myself up.  I love those extra snuggles with my babies and I will never regret having that extra time with them.

Good news is even though I have not worked out in over a month I still managed to lose 1.2 pounds.  I am now down to 154.8 pounds.  I have 14.2 pounds to go to reach my goal.  I am so excited.  I sat down and did the math the other day.  And since I have had the babies I have lost a total of 60.2 pounds in 16 months.  The twins are now 16 months now.  So I will take that!  Sure I wish it would have come off faster.  But I rather do it slow and steady and the healthy way.  Then starve myself and it all come right back after I start to eat again.

I have wanting to come and write and update.  It has been so crazy here.  Here is a reason why I am not on the computer.


Every time I have the computer on Christian pulls a chair up and starts typing away and pushing buttons.  So the computer is usually off.  lol.  And Sicilia has joined in the fun.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read!!
Before I say goodbye I would like to introduce to you my family!!  We just had family photos done.  That was an adventure all on it's own.  I was very thankful for our patient photographer at Target Portrait Studio's.



No comments:

Post a Comment