Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Super mom Reality Check!!

So much for my on track and right direction.  Just as I am in the groove and getting back into my rhythm.  Motherhood snaps me out of it.  I can see why moms have so many issues and problems putting themselves first.  Especially me with 6 kids pulling me in 6 different ways I feel like I can never have that me time.  I was on a great roll for a week with my P90x and getting my workouts in.  Then all that came to a screeching holt after my weekend break.  I give myself the weekend with my family.  I do no workouts but still stay on track with my nutrition.  My poor Christian has been running a fever since Saturday.  I can't put him down even to use the bathroom.  He wants only mommy or daddy.  And if daddy is at work there is only mommy.  My house is a mess.  I have 6 loads of laundry waiting to be folded and put away.  Right now my children are diving for school uniforms in the morning because I haven't had a chance to sort.  The dishes are piled high by the end of the night from 3 meals and sometimes from the meals the day before.  And after having a hot baby from fever laying on me all day I am not in the mood to even start it all.  My sweet husband was nice to sweep and mop my floors for me on Sunday.  I have no idea when i did them last.  My bathrooms need to be scrubbed.  And now Christina has this contagious virus that can now be spread amongst the family and I need to kick myself into high gear and start bleaching and lysoling everything in site.  I am tempted to buy surgical masks for the kids to keep from them breathing on each other.

So amongst my poor sick 15 month old his twin is also starting to feel the neglect.  She is now super fussy and wants mama.  But I can't .  Christian is just so week from not eating since Saturday and wants to be snuggled.  This week while I play nurse.  I have to figure out how to get to the stores to shop for my 2 oldest.  They both have projects due Friday and we haven't even started them.  I told my oldest today we are going to have to skip football because now I am starting to get sick and I don't have the energy to drive or even fight with 6 kids to do homework and eat dinner and to make it out of the house by 5:30.   I wish I could.  I am feeling so overwhelmed and lazy now.

I want to just say that I am tougher then this.  Get off your lazy butt and workout and work through the pain.  But while I am working out all I can see is laundry that needs to be done, vacuuming, dishes, dusting and bathrooms.  I feel so lazy.  I want to stay on track and be healthy for my family but with so much going on and sick kids and a sick mommy I am going to have to put me on hold yet again.  I love my family and my children and wouldn't trade them for anything.  I am just now starting to feel the pressure and stress.  I normally don't.  I may be smiling on the outside but I am screaming on the inside from stress of trying to make everyone happy and trying to give everyone that special time with mommy.  Even this posts seems to be all over the place just like my thoughts right now.  I don't know where to go what to do next.  I just want my baby to feel better.  But now I am stressing over sanitizing the whole house to keep from everyone getting sick.  I was so excited about this Sunday!  We had our very first family picture session scheduled.  Now it looks like we may not be able to do this.

I hate this me.  I am not negative.  If anyone who reads this that knows me personally I am always happy and usually try to look on bright side and try to find the positive of any situation.  So I hate that I am being so down on myself.  So it's time for me get out of my rut and pick myself up.  Brush it off.  Because at the end of the day my family depends on me.  OK!  So the bright side of all this.  My pediatrician said whatever I am doing to keep Christian healthy to keep doing it.  He can't prescribe him anything and that it is OK if he drops a pound or two.  But to keep him hydrated.  He said he is still very hydrated just miserable and uncomfortable.  So yay for keeping my boy out of the hospital.  I talked to Anthony about football.  And he understands.  What a sweet boy.  I guess I am doing something right.  I even talked to my 2 oldest about their school projects and I promised them I will make it work.  I will get to the store no matter how I am feeling so we can do a jam pack session of school projects tomorrow and Thursday.  I really do have the most coolest kids.  :0)

Sorry about the long rant.  Us super moms have tough days too!


2 comments:

  1. Oh Amanda, my heart breaks for you! You sound so stressed out, and rightfully so. I'm sorry you are dealing with all of this...motherhood is kicking your butt right now. BUT I am still amazed by you. You typically seem to be able to do it all and be positive, so every now and then when something like this happens you deserve a break from that positive attitude. I know it will return once your poor little one feels better! Keep your chin up, and I hope you all feel better soon!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan! I am out of my pitty party today. The kids religion class was cancelled today so that was great. We got to focus and start some school projects! And Christian is starting to smile again. Still a bit clingy but is sleeping finally. Still working on the eating and the tummy. But small steps. I will be back to my regular scheduled program of workouts hopefully by friday. And back on track!

      Delete