Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A very productive day!

Today was great!  I started a blog! Yahoo!!

 My 4 year old (Louis) and I did some preschool work.  It was great we learned about the letter B and the number 2.  I am so blessed and lucky that I have the opportunity to teach my son and watch the excitement in his eyes as he learns and remembers things that I had showed him.  Not all mom's get to witness this milestone.  I used to be a preschool teacher a few years back.  I would get so much joy to watch these children grow and learn and just change right before my eyes.  Now as I teach Louis I get to experience all that again but it is even more special now because it is my child. :)

My children had a great day at school.  As soon as they get off the bus it was snacks and then HOMEWORK!  FUN FUN!  How fair is it that I already graduated and did my time with school and homework and now through parenthood us as parents get to experience the joys of homework, studying and projects all over again!  We were able to get all the homework done with no screaming or crying (from me or the kids).  Then it was dinner and off to football.  Thankfully my saint of a husband was able to pick up Anthony from school today.

Amongst all the normal craziness of a typical day in my house (busted bleeding lips, unexpected amount of poop diapers and runny noses) I was able to squeeze in some time to get some laundry started (not finished) and I am so proud of myself I swept and mopped the floors!  I still managed to have some energy too after all this and did a great strength and core exercise for 40 minutes.  So proud. Every ounce of my body was screaming at me the whole time saying "Just take the night off, it was a crazy day,  you mopped the floors that counts as your workout".  But I kept going.  I am not listening to those voices of excuses in my head any longer.  It is because of those voices that I am the weight I am.  Another great excuse is "Your body is the way it is because you have all those beautiful babies, Hey you just had twins".  These excuses are just that "Excuses".  I will no longer settle.  I want a healthy body not only for me but for my family.  I want to be around for years to come to embarrass my children and nag my husband.  Today I also stepped on the scale.  I am down 4 pounds and 1 inch in the waist line since starting my 90 day challenge 16 days ago.  11 more pounds to go to my goal!  We can do it girls!  We can stop settling and giving in or giving up and strive for something better.  You deserve it.  And that is all!  Thank you for reading!


2 comments:

  1. I really don't know how you do it! I only have 2 and my house is a mess. where do you get the energy! What kind of core training are you doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yeah me too. If I don't do it at night when the kids are sleeping then I will never get it done. The kids are really great now that they are older with having chores and things to do around the house to help me out. They run around and pick up toys and clean up so all I have to do is sweep and mop. It works out great. Anthony and Ally are also in charge of their own laundry. That is a big help too. I usually work out too when the babies nap during the day but now that has been replaced with preschool lessons for Louis. I take a metabolism vitamin that helps with my energy and helps with my metabolism too. And for the core and strength I have been using our Wii and Wii balance board. I have a game called My Fitness Coach 2. It is set up to target my specific goal and even offers a recipe section with complete shopping lists. I use to do it all the time after Louis and it worked great! So I am starting back up. We also bought P90X but Carlos only lasted 5 days with that and I haven't started yet. But thinking about it. He spent so much money on it I might as well get our moneys worth. :)
      I was thinking about starting the couch to 5K also. Its just it is hard to get out of the house with the kids. i have the twins in the stroller but louis is in a wagon or riding his bike and is so slow. so i may need to do this on nights carlos gets out of work early.

      Delete