Monday, August 20, 2012

Slacking!! I need motivation again!

The last time I worked out was Friday.  Which is not that bad.  I wanted to take off Saturday because that is my off day.  But then Sunday rolled around and Carlos had the day off and it was raining outside.  I just did not have the drive and ambition to change my clothes and get up and do something.  It also did not help that I started a migraine about 2:00 and it did not want to go away.  My wonderful husband was sweet enough to let me nap.  I fell asleep after cleaning up a delicious dinner I made.  Took a good 2 hour nap.  By the time I woke up it was time to put the babies to bed.  I felt so bad I slept through 2 hours of playtime.  But obviously my body needed it.

I am doing a change too in my diet.  It turns out I have been starving myself.  Not on purpose but I have been starving my body.  I was burning all the calories I was eating in a day and was wondering why I had stopped losing weight and started losing energy.  I had a text conversation with my brother.  He is a big health nut and workout guru.  He told me since it is hard for me to eat all those calories in a day to help balance my diet I need to start having more then just a cheat snack once a week.  He told me to start working in a cheat day.  A whole day of no exercise and eating more calories.  Not going too crazy.  He had given me some good ideas of healthy calories to eat.  And slowly add a meal each sunday.  Sunday is the day I chose for my food cheat day.  I started yesterday with my dinner.  I made a delicious bake ziti and garlic bread for dinner.  I had made myself a kids size portion too and did not go back for seconds.  It seems to have helped.  I woke up this morning after my cheat dinner day and weighed myself.  I did not lose any weight but I also did not gain any weight.

So my new goal is to eat from 1400-1800 calories and then I can continue my workouts burning 400-600 calories.  I want to have at least 1000 calories left at the end of the day for fuel for my body so it does not go into reserve mode.  Wish me luck!  I find it hard to eat.  I barely have time.  If I am not running after a twin or helping a child wipe their butt or brush hair.  I am cleaning something or trying to keep with my goal of exercising at least one hour a day monday to friday and at least 30 minutes of Yoga on sunday.  Between all of that I am homeschooling my 4 year old and my the time I sit to eat my food is either cold or I don't have an appetite anymore.

To help with my motivation and energy I recently started taking vitamins to help with my metabolism.  It is definitely helping in the digestion area (sorry TMI).  But I really needed that.  Because I am not good at eating enough of the proteins and vitamins I take these metabolism vitamins and squish them up and add them to my shakes 2 times a day.  I have been doing it for about 4 days now and I am hoping it kick starts my new workout system and eating system and help me reach my goal faster.

Today no matter how I am feeling I will be working out.  I will start by changing right now into my workout clothes and just wear them for the rest of the day so I will have no excuses later.  I will already be dressed and ready for action.  I need to pick myself up and get back on track!  I have been doing great and nothing is gonna stop me from reaching my goal of 140 pounds by October 31st!!!  I intend to lose all this weight before the holidays and before all the holiday food.  I don't want to add to the problem and make it that much difficult!  So now is the time!  It is crunch time!  Literally, I have to do crunches.  My twin tummy is not a pretty picture!  Why is it when I am pregnant all my pregnant weight goes to my hips, thighs and butt.  Why can't I be like those other skinny pregnant ladies who gain in their belly and just look so cute pregnant.  Be i get wider and larger all over!  Ick!

Sorry about that back to reality!  I am done with the pregnant boat!  I had my last 2 June 19, 2011.  It is time for me to get in shape and get healthy and enjoy my children!  Enjoy my life!  And enjoy my husband!!  It's time to stop feeling self conscience about the way I look and go out into the world with my head held high and be proud for looking great!!  I don't want to look great for having 6 kids.  I want to look great!!!!  Thank you my readers!  Now get off your rump and motivate!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am loving your blog Amanda! You're doing great. I think we all have those times when we lose motivation. The key is figuring out how to get it back! It's funny because I have heard a few other people say their bodies went into starvation mode, and stopped losing weight. I personally have not had that problem (I can shovel food in my mouth so fast, I never miss a meal, haha). But it just goes to show that you need to make sure you nurture your body too. Good luck, I Know you can do it Mama! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan! I have been trying to find the time. I figured if I can stay committed I can do it. And the blog is therapeutic for me me too. It's nice to talk it out and go back and read to motivate myself again! But I am determined. Or stubborn. lol. Either way I will get to my goal no matter what!

      Delete