Thursday, August 16, 2012

keeping fit when you have your monthly visitor


Not sure if you ladies are all like me.  It seems when I get my monthly visitor I lose all ambition and all self control.  I have no drive to workout or to even stick to my meal plans.  I crave chocolate and I am cramping so bad now since the twins. All I want to do is lay on the couch or my bed in my sweats and t-shirt and do nothing.  During this week I wind up gaining weight back that is not welcomed to come back and after my 5-7 days of rest I need to play catch up and lose what I had gained back.  It drives me crazy. I have been like this since I started exercising and eating right since the babies were 6 months old.  I am tired of it.  So I decided to do some research and see if there are some exercises that is recommended while I have my visitor for a week.
I learned something new when a woman is on her period and continues to exercise she increases her risk of injuring her ACL.  Who knew?  With proper training and strength training on the knees you can reduce those chances drastically.  One exercise recommended is jump rope.  That ought to be a site to see.  I don't think I have jump roped since Jr. high or elementary school days.  Not to mention a whole lot more jiggle to the jump too. The site mentions the QUALITY of the movements and work out your are doing. Not the QUANTITY!
Check out this website that I found out this information on and educate yourself so you can too keep up with your success and goals even though your visitor decides to hang out uninvited.
http://www.shape.com/lifestyle/mind-and-body/exercise-and-your-menstrual-cycle-what-your-period-means-your-workout-schedu

Now that I am at least aware of what I need to do to keep up with all my progress, now I have no excuse for back tracking and falling back into old habits. At least I hope not!  I will be buying a jump rope this weekend.  I am already taking out a #1 excuse most woman with children use. That I am tired from work or from being home with the kids all day. Now I am ridding of another excuse from most woman. The dreaded PERIOD!!  Thanks for listening!  Now get off your butt and get fit! 😝

No comments:

Post a Comment