Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Introducing me!

Hi blog world.  This is my first official post.  Not sure how this goes but I am certain I will eventually get the hang of it!
 Hi!  I am Amanda.  I am a stay at home mom of 6 kids.  My oldest Anthony is 11 and will be 12 this December.  He started his first year of middle school.  This was a very emotional school year for me because my baby is officially no longer a baby.  He's a good kid so I only expect great things from him!  Next is my daughter Ally.  She is 9 years old and will be 10 this November and just started the 4th grade.  She is the heart of the family.  She is a minnie mommy in training and makes sure everyone is following rules and that they are happy ( my 11 year old is not a fan of her little mommy personality).  Next is my Nicholas.  He is 7 years old and just started 2nd grade.  At the age of 3 he was diagnosed with aspergers syndrome.  A form of autism.  I am proud to say that he is considered high functioning autistic and is doing great in school.  He is now included in the regular classrooms rather then in the special education classes.  He has come such a long way and is now communicating and socializing!  I am so proud of him and of what he has accomplished.  Next is my Louis.  He is 4 years old and I (brave soul that I am) have decided to take on homeschooling him for preschool.  Our family just recently moved to a new state and I was not happy with what programs were offered in the neighborhood.  We have already have had 2 lessons and he is doing great!  I am having so much fun watching him learn and have fun doing it too.  And last but not least are my twins. Yup TWINS!  My crazy husband and I figured it would be fun to try and have one more baby.  Let's go for #5!!!  Only God had us fooled and decided that I would be the family member on my side to carry the fraternal twin gene.  But that's ok.  I trust God and know he would not have blessed me to be one of a few who get the joy of having twins.  And I am so glad HE did.  Our family is now complete.  Sicilia and Christian just turned 1 on June 19th and are accomplished walkers and house destroyers!  Last but not least the man in my life.  The reason why I am blessed with my 6 wonderful babies.  Is my husband Carlos.  He is amazing.  Works hard so I can stay home with my babies and not have to leave them everyday.  I have gotten to see all their first walks, and rolls and words and so much more.  All because he has sacrificed his time to work hard and provide for us.  We met at 18, pregnant at 19, our first child at 20, married at 20 and bought our first house at 20 years old.  Here we are married 11 years later and 5 kids more.  You can say we have been busy!

The reason why I wanted to start blogging has to do with my husband.  He tells me that I need to share my life and what I do with the world or to whomever actually reads this.  He is too sweet.  He says I am an inspiration to so many moms and young girls.  I not seeing that.  I just think I do what needs to be done for my family to make sure that they grow up grounded and well rounded people.

I just started a new goal for not only me but for my family.  Since having my twins I had an extra 45 pounds that decided to stick around.  I have started eating right and exercising and taking some shakes that have helped me "Get My Skinny On".  I have already lost 30 pounds and I have 15 pounds left to go!  I figured by me posting my goals and accomplishments of getting in shape and healthy for my family that I hope to inspire someone out there in blog country.  If I (mom of 6 kids) can make time to take care of her health and find ways to exercise then there should be no excuses for others.  Did I mention I have a son in football (practices 3 times a week), then we have religion classes every Wednesday, my 9 year old wants to do dance and plus football games start and that is every Saturday.  So I say again.  If I can do it!  You can do it!!  I promise future blog posts will be shorter.  Thanks for taking time out of your day to read!! <3



P.S. The picture posted is a picture of my before and my current after.  That weight loss was from changing my diet with no exercise.  I just started taking these shakes in place of 2 meals and started eating a healthy dinner and healthy snacks.  I am excited about my new goal of a weight loss of 15 pounds and strengthen my core and tighten my body back up.  And for those moms who have had twins know that is not a easy task.

4 comments:

  1. Love it so far!!! Carlos is right- you do have a lot to share with the world! Super Mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I know I should of been cleaning during the babies nap. But I think this was way more fun!

      Delete
  2. Keep it up and keep us all motivated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Liz for the support! I sure will try!

      Delete